Holi is the festival of colours celebrated with full enthusiasm and happiness all over the world. Holi is stated to be the triumph of good over evil. Holi also commemorates the eternal love of Radha for Krishna. It is celebrated for 2 days in the month of march. On the first day which is known as Holika Dahan or Choti Holi celebrated in the evening under the bonfire where couples do the aarti of their well-being and especially for the newly married couples. Then next day which is known as Dulhandi where all enjoy playing with the colours and spending a great time with family and friends. On this day, many events are organised consisting of dancing, singing and eating dishes like Gujiya and Thandai mixed with bhaang in the societies.
Some states play Holi in a different yet special manner like: in Vrindavan and Mathura are very famous. In Pushkar, Rajasthan, people play ‘Kapda-faad’ Holi and in Barsana, Uttar Pradesh, ‘Lathmar Holi’ is celebrated where women hit men with sticks (lath) while they try to shield themselves. Also, many functions and events are telecasted to make this day more enjoyable. Although owing to the coronavirus pandemic, it might be difficult to meet your friends and family. You can still spread joy through these thoughtful Happy Holi 2022 Images and wishes for this holi.
According to the legends, demon king Hiranyakashyap wanted to be worshipped by all people but his son Prahlad was against his father as he was a worshipper of Lord Vishnu. Demon King Hiranyakashyap ordered his demon daughter Holika to kill his brother Prahlad and she made an evil plan to kill his brother in a bonfire. As Prahlad was a worshipper of Lord Vishnu, so he saved him from burning instead Holika was then burned in that fire. Lord Vishnu also killed Demon King Hiranyakashyap in Narasimha avatar (a half human and half lion).
According to the legends, Krishna in his youth was attracted to Radha and was worried whether she would accept him with his dark complexion or not. Then her mother Yashoda advises him to ask Radha what she wants and guess after that they both become a couple and accept each other for their own complexion. Since then, playful colouring on Krishna and Radha’s face is commemorated as Dulhandi or Holi.
Happy Holi 2022 Wishes and Images
We have selected some of the best Happy Holi 2022 Images and wishes, which you can share with your friends and family on your social media profiles and instant messaging services such as Whatsapp.
- Let us make this Holi memorable by splashing colours of love on each other. Let us brighten our lives with more understanding. May God always bless our relationship. Happy Holi to you and your family!
- May God paint the canvas of your life with the most beautiful colours. May he sprinkle peace, luck, success and joy at every step! Happy Holi!
- The colours of Holi symbolise the colours of love, trust, and understanding between one another. So play with the colours and may the air be filled with love. Happy Holi!
- Whenever you splash holi colours on somebody, you give them a promise of being truthful towards them always, maintaining a lifelong brotherhood with them and showering them with all the possible love. Happy Holi!
- Make merry with colours on Holi and the rest of the days with the colours of love. Happy Holi!
- Wish you a wonderful and colourful Happy Holi. Holi = Happy on Love and colourful Imaginations. Wish you must Spread amazing colours of life to everyone and colour their mood in your style.
- May God paint the canvas of your life with the colours of Joy, Love, Happiness, Prosperity, Good Health, and success. Wishing You a Happy Holi!
- Hey dear, Holi is Here; Pinch of Red and a pinch of green; Joyful colours all are seen; With love and with happiness.
- Forgive your haters and ill-wishers and remember those who are near & dear to you with splashing colours. Happy Holi!
- Wishes of Holi all I mean! With petals of Roses, Palm full of Holly water, Light of Full Sun, Fragrance of Flower and Grass with dew. I wish you a very beautiful HOLI.
- The colours we play with touch not only our face but our heart too, by making us filled with happiness and joy. Happy Holi.
- Some things just can’t be expressed in words. Some people just can’t live without Love and can speak volumes even when words can’t. So all I am going to say is I love you. Happy Holi sweetheart!!
- I always feel happy whenever Holi comes because Holi gives me wings to fly in the air with all the colours of the festival. Wish you a very Happy Holi.
- I wish that colours of romance and love, colours of happiness and joy, colours of smiles and affection get deeper and darker with each and every day of our life. Happy Holi dear.
- Holi is a special time of year to remember those who are close to our hearts with splashing colours! Happy Holi.
- May God paint your life with the beautiful colours of a rainbow, and you become as colourful as a blooming flower. Happy Holi.
- Burn all negativity and bring all positivity in life. Celebrate this Holi with vibrant colours. Happy Holi.
- Bright colours, water balloons, lavish gujiyas, and melodious songs are the ingredients of perfect Holi. Wish you a very happy and wonderful Holi.
- Just like a red rose that fills the world with beauty & fragrance. You have made my life so beautiful by being in it. On Holi, the festival of colours & joy I wanna say thank you for all the love & smiles you’ve brought to my life. Happy Holi.
- Wishing you and your family a fabulous Holi. May the festival bring excitement in your life. Wish you a very Happy Holi
- A beautiful butterfly carries with it a colourful wish from a rainbow, just to inform you, there is no one like you in the world, you are the reason for colours in my life. Wish you a Happy Holi.
- Holi is the time to celebrate the most beautiful feeling called love. Let’s take a dip in the water of love. Happy Holi.
- I am sending the pink colour of my love, yellow colour of our compatibility and red colour of our romance in these greetings for you my love. I wish each and every day of our life is as bright as the occasion of Holi. With love and hugs, wish you a Happy Holi!
- You’re so beautiful and I wish to apply some colours on you to make you more beautiful on this Holi. Happy Holi!