Happy Janmashtami is also known as Gokulashtami/Shri Krishna Jayanti. Janmashtami is celebrated as the birth of the God Krishna(the eighth child of mother Devki). It is celebrated on the eighth day of the dark fortnight of the month of Bhadrapada(August-September). This festival is more recognised in Mathura and Vrindavan where Lord Krishna spent his entire childhood and youth. Lord Krishna was famous to be a mischievous, love, savior, author, narrator of Bhagwad Geeta. Lord Krishna was considered a descendent of Lord Vishnu himself on Earth. On Krishna Janmashtami, Devotees keep the vigil and fast till midnight (traditional hour of birth). Temples and household shrines are enhanced with leaves and flowers. Devotees commemorate the events of Lord Krishna’s birth by elaborate representations in the whole Mathura city especially near Yamuna River where he was transported. Devotees enjoy singing Krishna songs and Dahi Handi celebrations. Although owing to the coronavirus pandemic, it might be difficult to meet your friends and family. You can still spread joy through these thoughtful Happy Janmashtami 2021 Images and wishes for this janmashtami.
Princess Devki and Vasudeva were about to deliver their eighth child which was predicted to be the downfall of King Kansa of Mathura. The king came to know about this prediction so, he killed all of princess Devki’s six children but was not able to kill her seventh child as he was mystically born to princess Rohini. So, at the time of Lord Krishna’s birth, princess Devki and Vasudeva were put in jail by King Kansa in order to kill him. But before the King killed Krishna, Vasudeva managed to rescue him and handed over to Nand Baba and Yashoda in Vrindavan. Vasudeva came back to Mathura with a baby girl and handed over her to King Kansa. He tried to kill her but she transformed into Goddess Durga and warned him upon all his sins.
Krishna in his childhood loved Makhan, milk, and butter. So, along with his friends, he started stealing from neighborhood homes. A mother in Vrindavan started storing Makhan at a height in order to prevent Krishna from stealing. But Lord Krishna had his own ways of stealing, so he started making human pyramids in order to reach Makhan. In a conclusion, Dahi Handi rituals arise where 9 tier human pyramids are formed and comprises a young child as a Krishna who breaks off the earthen clay pot full of Makhan and prasad.
Happy Janmashtami 2021 Wishes and Images
We have selected some of the best Happy Janmashtami 2021 Images and wishes,which you can share with your friends and family on your social media profiles and instant messaging services such as Whatsapp.
- “Wherever there is Krishna, the master of all mystics and wherever there is Arjuna, the supreme archer, there will also certainly be opulence, victory, extraordinary power, and morality.” – Srila Prabhupada, Bhagavad Gita.
- “You have the right to work, but never to the fruit of the work. You should never engage in action for the sake of reward, nor should you long for inaction.” – Lord Krishna.
- “It is better to perform one’s own duties imperfectly than to master the duties of another. By fulfilling the obligations one is born with, a person never comes to grief.”- Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita.
- “Experience cold or heat, pleasure, or pain. These experiences are fleeting; they come and go. Bear them patiently.”- Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita.
- “The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice.” – Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita.
- “The soul can never be cut to pieces by any weapon, nor burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind.” – Lord Krishna.
- “Do everything you have to do, but not with greed, not with ego, not with lust, not with envy but with love, compassion, humility and devotion.” – Lord Krishna.
- ”May your Life be filled with Love, Happiness, Laughter and Krishna’s Blessing!” Happy Janmashtami.
- “May Nand Gopal showers his love and blessings on your family!” Happy Janmashtami,
- “May Lord Krishna take away all sadness and sorrows of your life!” Happy Janmashtami.
- “Whatever happened, happened for the good. Whatever is happening, is happening for the good. Whatever will happen, will also happen for the good.” Lord Krishna Bhagavad Gita.
- “When a person responds to the joys and sorrows of others as if they were his own, he has attained the highest state of spiritual union.” Lord Krishna Bhagavad Gita.
- “Calmness, gentleness, silence, self-restraint, and purity: these are the disciplines of the mind.” Lord Krishna Bhagavad Gita.
- “May the flute of Lord Krishna guide you the right path of accomplishments and inviting melody to your life!” Happy Janmashtami.