Muharram marks the beginning of the Islamic New Year. This is a 10 days festival celebrated by Muslim Community. The 10th day is considered as “Day of Ashura”. It marks the main importance to the Shia and Sunni Muslims community.
Shia Muslims observe it as a day of mourning to commemorate the death of a beloved grandson of Prophet Muhammad, Hussayn Ibn Ali. As per the belief, he raised the objection to the legitimacy of caliph Yazid and revolted against him. The revolt led to the battle of Karbala, and the beheading of the revolutionary leader, and the imprisonment of his family, on the day of Ashura in 680 AD. To celebrate Muharram, they all dress up in black, attend the prayer meetings in the mosque. They also refrain themselves from any type of enjoyment and entertainment. They walk barefoot, chanting and whipping their chest to commemorate the sacrifice of Husayn ibn Ali. Sunni Muslims believe that their religious leader Moses led the people of Israel through the Red Sea and attained victory over the Egyptian Pharaoh. They observe the 10 day fast and all believe that fasting is a reward by Allah.
Although owing to the coronavirus pandemic, it might be difficult to meet your friends and family. You can still spread joy through these thoughtful Happy Muharram 2022 Images and wishes for this muharram.
Happy Muharram 2022 Wishes and Images
We have selected some of the best Happy Muharram 2022 Images and wishes, which you can share with your friends and family on your social media profiles and instant messaging services such as Whatsapp.
- Wishing you a peaceful and successful Hijri New Year.
- On the auspicious day of Muharram, may Allah bless you with health, wealth, peace and happiness!
- You alone we worship, and you alone we ask for help, for each and everything. May your faith in Him always bring you peace and prosperity. Happy New Hijri Year!
- May almighty showers all his blessings on you. Happy New Year.
- Sending you prayers for your and your family’s well being. Happy Hijri New year.
- May all the praises and thanks be to Allah to whom belongs all that is in heavens and in the earth. Have a blessed Muharram.
- May GOD Create This year Full Of Happiness. Joy Goodness And Security Of All Muslim Members. And Forgive Our Past Sins. SUMAMEEN.