Dussehra is celebrated to mark the victory of truth over lie. It marks victory of Lord Rama over a 10-headed demon king Ravana and also marks the victory of Goddess Durga over the buffalo Demon Mahishasura. It is celebrated in the month of september-october (Ashvina). Dussehra is celebrated all over the country like, in North India, it incorporates Ram Lila, a gala theatrical enactment of Rama’s life story and Effigies of Ravana often along with those of Meghnada (Ravana’s son) and Kumbhkaran (Ravana’s brother) are stuffed with firecrackers and set ablaze at night in open fields. In the eastern and northeastern Indian states, Dussehra is marked by the end of Durga Puja and people take out processions carrying the idols of Durga, Laksmi, Ganesh and Kartikeya, which are immersed in the river.
On the ninth day of Dussehra, ‘Shami puja’, ‘Aparajita puja’ and ‘Seema avalanghan’ are some of the rituals that are performed during the Aparahna time. Celebrations may involve many common and seemingly mundane tools and implements used in everyday life, such as computers, books, cars, or kitchen tools. The aim is to see the divine in everything, notably those things used in one’s livelihood. Although owing to the coronavirus pandemic, it might be difficult to meet your friends and family. You can still spread joy through these thoughtful Happy Dussehra 2022 Images and wishes for this Dussehra.
Happy Dussehra 2022 Wishes and Images
We have selected some of the best Happy Dussehra 2022 Images and wishes, which you can share with your friends and family on your social media profiles and instant messaging services such as WhatsApp.
- This Dussehra, may the shackles of evil burn and your family be blessed with good health and luck. Wishing you a happy Dussehra!
- Dussehra is a time for celebration, a time for victory of good over bad, a time to get inspired by the exemplary power of good. Wishing you a happy Dussehra!
- Let’s celebrate the victory of the forces of good over evil. Celebrate this auspicious day to mark new beginnings in life. Happy Dussehra!
- Vijaya Dashami ka shubh avsar apke aur apke parivar ke jivan mein sukh, samradhi aur shanti bharde. Happy Dussehra!
- It is an auspicious day to start any good work. It was today that good won over bad. May this day clear all hurdles of your life and give you the energy to start a life of wellbeing. Happy Dussehra!
- This Dussehra, may you and your family be showered with positivity, wealth, joy and success. Warm wishes of Dussehra!
- May all the worries of your life burn along with the effigy of Ravana. May you be successful and happy ever! Happy Dussehra!
- Long live the tradition of Hindu culture, as the generations have passed by, Hindu culture is getting stronger and stronger. Best Wishes for Vijaya dashami!
- May this Dasara, light up for you. The hopes of happy times, and a year full of smiles! Wish you Happy Dasara.
- On this auspicious occasion, I wish the color, bliss and beauty of this festival be with you throughout the year! Happy Dussehra!
- On this special day, as you celebrate valor & courage, triumph of good over evil, wish you success & happiness in everything you do. Happy Dussehra!
- Let’s start a great life by conquering our eternal 5 evils -Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh, Ahankar. Let’s take the oath to give a dimension to our life on this auspicious festival. Happy Dussehra!
- May Lord Rama always keep showering his blessings upon you. May your life be filled with prosperity and happiness. Happy Dussehra!
- May this Dussehra burn all your worries with Ravana and bring you and your family loads of happiness.