Guru Nanak Jayanti is also known as Gurupurab which marks the birth anniversary of the first Sikh Guru named Guru Nanak Dev. It is celebrated on the full moon in the month of kartik(October-November). Guru Nanak Dev was the founder of Sikhism religion. This year in 2021 it would be his 552nd birth anniversary. It is a celebration of 2 days starting in Gurudwara with 2 days non-stop ‘Akhand Path’ a whole book reading named ‘Guru Granth Sahib and On the main event, the Granth Sahib is ornamented with flowers, and carried on a float in a proper procession throughout a village or city guarded by panj pyaras (bodyguards). They sing hymns in groups and play traditional musical instruments and also display their martial art skills and this procession is called Nagarkirtan. Devotees send greetings, decorate their houses with lights and visit the Gurudwara.
Gurpurab celebrations begin as early as 3 am, during the Amrit Vela or the auspicious period between 3 am and 6 am. Morning prayers are sung followed by the recital of Katha and Kirtan in praise of Guru Nanak. Gurudwaras organize langar, a special community lunch, where everyone, irrespective of caste, creed or class is offered prashad or food. Although owing to the coronavirus pandemic, it might be difficult to meet your friends and family. You can still spread joy through these thoughtful Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti 2022 Images and wishes for this Gurupurab.
Guru Nanak Dev was born on April 15th 1469 at Rai-Bhoi-di Talwandi in the present district of Sheikhupura (Pakistan), now Nanakana Sahib. He was a spiritual leader and thinker who developed Sikhism from his beliefs in Hindu and Muslims. He used to express his beliefs in the form of poetry and rhymes which were formed later as the basis of sikh scripture. He has written 974 poems and hymns which are registered in the holy text of sikhism called “Guru Granth Sahib”. He died on 22nd September 1539 at the age of 70.
Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti 2022 Wishes and Images
We have selected some of the best Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti 2022 Images and wishes, which you can share with your friends and family on your social media profiles and instant messaging services such as Whatsapp.
- Here’s wishing a very happy Gurpurab to you and your family.
- May the Almighty shower you with his choicest blessings on the auspicious day of Gurpurab. A very Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti to you and your loved ones.
- This Gurpurab here wishes you peace, happiness and good health. Stay blessed.
- Meri or se aap sabhi ko Gurpurab ki dheron shubh kamnayein.
- May you be inspired by the greatness of Guru Nanak Ji, who spread the message of peace and harmony.
- Heartiest wishes to you and your family on the auspicious occasion of Guru Nanak Dev Ji Gurpurab.
- May this Gurpurab bring happiness and joy aplenty to your life.
- May Guru Nanak Dev Ji inspire you to achieve all your dreams. May you be showered with eternal peace, good health, wealth, happiness and prosperity.
- Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti to you and your family.
- May the name of Waheguru Ji be enshrined in your life. A very Happy Guru Nanak Dev Ji Jayanti to you.
- May, the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, reflect goodness and compassion in you. May there be happiness & prosperity in your life. Here’s wishing you a very Happy Gurpurab.
- Satguru Nanak Pargataya Mitti Dhund Jag Channan Hoya, Aap Ji Nu Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji De Purab Dian Lakh-Lakh Vadhaiyan. Happy Gurpurab.
- May Guru Nanak Dev Ji inspire you to achieve all your goals, dreams and ambitions. May his blessings be with you in all your endeavours! Happy Gurpurab.
- May happiness and blessings surround you as we join together to remember our beloved Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Happy Gurpurab.
- I am not born; how can there be either birth or death for me? Guru Nanak.
- Death would not be called bad, O people, if one knew how to truly die. Guru Nanak.
- Whatever kind of seed is sown in a field, prepared in due season, a plant of that same kind, marked with the peculiar qualities of the seed, springs up in it. Guru Nanak.
- I am neither a child, a young man, nor an ancient; nor am I of any caste.
- Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot compare with an ant filled with the love of God.
- The production of children, the nurture of those born, and the daily life of men, of these matters, women are visibly the cause. Guru Nanak.
- Conquer your mind & conquer the world. Guru Nanak.
- Truth is the highest virtue, but higher still is truthful living. Guru Nanak.
- Be kind to all beings, this is more meritorious than bathing at the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage and donating money. Guru Nanak.
- Speak only that which will bring you honor. Guru Nanak.
- Let no man in the world live in delusion. Without a Guru none can cross over to the other shore. Guru Nanak.
- God is one, but he has innumerable forms. He is the creator of all and he himself takes the human form. Guru Nanak.
- What should the yogi have to fear? Trees, plants, and all that is inside & outside is he Himself. Guru Nanak.
- Through shallow intellect, the mind becomes shallow, and one eats the fly, along with the sweets. Guru Nanak.
- Do not wish evil for others. Do not speak ill of others. Do not obstruct anyones activities. Guru Nanak.
- As fragrance abides in the flower As reflection is within the mirror, So does your Lord abide within you, Why search for him without? Guru Nanak.
- Thou has a thousand eyes and yet not one eye; Thou host a thousand forms and yet not one form. Guru Nanak.
- He who has no faith in himself can never have faith in God. Guru Nanak.