Navratri is a 9 days festival that falls four times a year. But majorly celebrated are two famous ones called “Chaitra Navratri and Sharad Navaratri”. Chaitra Navratri falls in the month of March-April and Sharad Navratri falls in the month of September-October and ends with Dussehra. During these nine days, nine forms of shakti/Devi are worshipped. For devotees it is a time of religious reflection and fasting and also, a time for dancing and feasting. During these nine days temples and households are decorated with flowers and lights. Generally the first third of the festival focuses on aspects of the Goddess Durga, the second third on the Goddess Lakshmi, and the final third on the Goddess Sarasvati. The nine avatars of goddess Durga (namely Shailputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandamata, Katyayani, Kaalratri, Mahagauri and Siddhidatri). The most popular ritual is “Kanya Puja”, which takes place on the eighth or ninth day. On these days, nine young girls are dressed as the nine goddesses celebrated during Navratri and are worshiped with ritual foot washing and given offerings such as food and clothing. It is believed that Goddess Durga fought with demon Mahishasur continuously for nine days and on 10th day he was beheaded, which is celebrated as Vijay Dashmi.
Navratri is celebrated as Durga Puja in various parts of Northeast India. In north and western parts of the country, devotees celebrate the festival by fasting, staging ‘Ramlila’ and conclude with Dussehra where the effigies of Ravana and his brothers are burnt, again signifying the victory of good over evil. In Tamil Nadu, it is celebrated as Golu and Gujarat is famous for its dandiya nights. Although owing to the coronavirus pandemic, it might be difficult to meet your friends and family. You can still spread joy through these thoughtful Happy Navratri 2022 Images and wishes for this navratri.
Happy Navratri 2022 Wishes and Images
We have selected some of the best Happy Navratri 2022 Images and wishes, which you can share with your friends and family on your social media profiles and instant messaging services such as Whatsapp.
- Here’s wishing you a fabulous Navratri! Hope you have fantastic nine nights of Maa Durga’s blessings, spirituality, devotion and happiness.
- Let’s cherish these nine nights of new beginnings and divinity with Maa Durga’s arrival in our hearts and homes. Happy Navratri!
- May Maa bless you and your near and dear ones. Happy Navratri!
- This Navratri, may Maa Durga protect you from evil and all give you strength to fight all your problems.
- I hope this Navratri brings happiness in your life. Wishing you a very happy Navratri!
- May this festival lead us from ignorance to wisdom and from darkness to light.
- May Maa Durga bestow upon you and your family nine forms of blessings- Fame, Name, Wealth, Prosperity, Happiness, Education, Health, Power, and Commitment. Happy Navratri!
- May this Navratri fill your life with the colours of happiness and prosperity. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Navratri.
- Wishing you the energy of Maa Durga, the prosperity of Ma Lakshmi, and the wisdom of Ma Saraswati. Wishing you a warm and blessed Navratri. Have a blessed Navratri!
- May you have the best of times, celebrations, and success in life this year. Best wishes for a joyous Navratri, filled with lots of joy, happiness, and peace.
- May the auspicious days of Vasant Navratri manifest energy (shakti), wealth (Lakshmi), and knowledge (gyaan) into your life. Happy Navratri!
- Ma Durga has come to grace us with her presence; let us worship her with happiness and spirit, cherish her blessings, and celebrate with our loved ones. I wish you all a Happy Navratri!
- May Goddess Durga rid you of all the problems in life. This Navratri onwards, may there only be happiness in your life. Wishing you a happy Navratri.
- May this Navratri bring love, peace, prosperity, humanity, harmony to your life, and your loved ones. Happy Navratri!
- May the goddess shower you with a lot of blessings and good health and wealth. May you enjoy every bit of this festival. Happy Navratri!
- As an honour to Goddess Durga, let us spread happiness and joy all around us. Happy Navratri!
- May the generous goddess Maa Durga brighten your life with countless blessings. I hope your prayers bring happiness and prosperity. Happy Navratri to you!
- Have an auspicious Navratri. May all your prayers on the nine days and nine nights of Navratri bring you good health, good luck, fame, and fortune. Wishing you a very Happy Navratri.
- May the hues, beauty, bliss, and happiness of Navratri stay with you forever. May Maa Durga fulfill all your desires. Happy Navratri!
- Navratri is here! It’s time to welcome Devi Durga at our doorstep and worship her with all the love and devotion. Let us pray that this Navratri, Maa Durga bestows us with her divine blessings. Shubh Navratri to you and your family!
- Time has come to welcome the nine Shaktis in our lives and seek their blessings for a happy and prosperous life. Wishing you and your family a Happy Navratri.
- Let us bow our heads and offer prayers to nine Goddesses who promise to protect and bless us. Happy Navratri.